Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday Evening in Almaty

Here are my friends, Dana (sounds like Donna) and Barzhan (sounds like Barzhan) at a little indoor/outdoor cafe not far from the faculty apartment. We met for dinner on Friday night and had a very nice visit together. I first met Dana 4 years ago when Mark Roberts and I travelled to Almaty together. Mark had met Dana earlier and invited her to one of our student dinners. (That evening Mark and I laughed harder than anyone in the history of the world and afterwards Dana has always been known as Crazy Dana in our family.) She and Barzhan met and got married a little over a year ago, and now are expecting their first child. After dinner we took a stroll down Rozabakieva Street to a store where they insisted on buying some candy and tea to send home with me to our family. Nice time, good friends!

No comments: