Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May Day dinner with the Leytner Family in Almaty

Here from left to right are Valentina, Sasha, Levin and Galina. These are the Leytners with whom I had dinner on Monday night.

I went back to their house after teaching on Tuesday because I had forgotten my Penn State cap there. I thought I would just drop by and pick up the cap, but of course, they insisted I stay for a bite to eat. Then Levin and I walked a few blocks to the mall where he needed to get milk, and I found a video store and purchsed a couple of Russian/English videos to aid my oral comprehension of Russian.

Teaching went well on Tuesday. The students seem to be grasping the lesson planning ideas I'm giving them.


Here is one of our students in the classroom test driving one of the wooden cars that I brought to give to orphans and other needy children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see you dad! i am glad you are having a good time! love you!

lexiconomist said...

Looks like you're getting company. Say hello to him for us.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=az_wEKMhgsJk&refer=us