Thursday, April 20, 2006

8 Days to departure

Getting down to the wire now. I have one project to complete. Just today I filmed "Professor Blinkov" (would be rendered in English as Professor Pancake) teaching a short lesson on the "Seven Laws of Teaching." Professor Blinkov is actually Joseph Liro, my Russian teacher, who agreed to play the part of a slightly senile professor, complete with cap and gown, lecturing to an imaginary audience in Russian about these teaching principles. He did a fantastic job. The video is hilarious. Now I just need to transfer it onto my PC using Windows Movie Maker and package it into little chunks to use throughout my lectures. I think it will spice up the class quite nicely. One of my favorite parts of Joe's characterization of Professor Blinkov is his frequent flirting with an imaginary female student in his class -- very charming.

No comments: