Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Professor Pancake makes a guest appearance



"Professor Pancake" (in Russian Profssor Blinchikov) aka Joseph Liro, Admissions Director at the Episcopal Seminary of the Southwest, and my Russian instructor at ACC this year, will make a guest appearance in my class at CALTC in just a few days.

For years I have been looking for the right person to play this role. I've been wanting to film a skit of a somewhat absent-minded professor expounding on the Seven Laws of Teaching by Gregory. I use these seven principles in my class on teaching methods. The students are required to provide their own paraphrase of the seven laws in a poem, skit, Powerpoint presentation, object lesson or other creative activity. So I thought it would be fun to have my own humorous rendition. But I needed a Russian speaker who would play this role. Joe did a GREAT job, even flirting with an imaginary female student during his "lecture." I think this will be very well received by my class and help to keep the atmosphere in the class light-hearted and enjoyable.

Hurrah for Professor Pancake!

No comments: