Saturday, April 29, 2006

Frankfurt Airport -- Saturday, April 29

I arrived at the Frankfurt, Germany airport this morning at about 10:00 local time. It's 7 hours ahead of Texas here, so back there is just 3:00 AM. I should be asleep. I didn't actually sleep much on the flight from Chicago. We travelled on a 777, configured with 5 seats in the middle, and I had the middle of those 5 seats -- pretty much hemmed in. Just could not get comfortable. Well I fee OK now and here at the airport in addition to wireless Internet there is a section with "lounge-like" chairs where you can stretch out and take a snooze, which I hope to do next. The picture is not of our plane. This is the tail section of a Boeing 747-400, taken from the window of the McDonald's restaurant in Terminal B.

I also saw an engine of some kind on display outside the window shortly after getting off the flight from Chicago. I'm counting on Steve Dest to ID it.

Next stop, Almaty.

No comments: