Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday Evening in Almaty


Today was a great first day in Almaty. I went to the Russian-speaking church associated with the school. There I saw several old friends, including this couple, Masha and Yura, with whom I had lunch afterwards. The picture looks blue because we're outside under a canopy that is translucent blue, thus coloring the light. Yura directs the music at church and Masha works in bookkeeping at the school. They've been married for five years. A very nice couple.

I did get in a good nap this afternoon. Not so much that I wont' go to sleep tonight, I hope. Well, tomorrow is the first day of school. Though it's a national holiday, the school is carrying on. I'll post a report on the first day tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greeting Stuart. Glad to hear things are going well. Am not sure about that engine....I don't think it translates well...
Thanks again for the minstry you provide.
You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
-Steve

lexiconomist said...

How can an engine-eer not know what an engine is?

But perhaps more importantly (at least in our home), visit lexiconomist.blogspot.com for photos and info about our growing household.

We're praying for a successful week for you. All blessings to you.

Bill & Diane